Cannabidiol or CBD has become a familiar household name these days. Its popularity has skyrocketed in a handful of years owing to the various surveys and words of healthcare experts vouching for its medicinal properties.
The twists and turn-
Once considered a negative trait for its recreational purpose, cannabis is now being looked at from a completely different angle. It has become legal in a lot of countries to sell and consume CBD as a treatment for various ailments, both physical as well as mental.
Cannabis Herald did some reviews on the therapeutic properties of CBD that include treating anxiety, seizures, chronic pain, skin allergies and acne, mental disorders such as Schizophrenia, and can even help with cancer.
People are inclining towards the same because of the numerous side-effects of consuming harsh synthetic medicines over the years. CBD, on the other hand, is a 100% natural plant-based product extracted out of industrial hemp, and is devoid of THC, the psychoactive element. It comes in various shapes and sizes, edible gummies being the best.
The question of paramount importance-
With the industry still being in its infancy stage, it is crucial to understand how to choose CBD products.
If you are a newbie wanting to try it out or just someone with a bad experience in the past, the words below will guide you throughout in making the right choice.
- The first and foremost thing is to check the place where the hemp of the final product is grown and obtained. It may be low-quality produce exposed to contaminants, toxins, and chemicals. Also, a lot of times, fertilizers and pesticides are sprayed on it that is harmful to the human body. Therefore, CBD should either be purchased from a trusted person or a brand that goes for proper lab testing and soil testing.
- The THC level must be low in the product to avoid that high or stoned feeling along with the other negative-effects like hallucinations. Also, it becomes illegal if the levels rise beyond the specified limit in some countries where consuming recreational cannabis is an offense. A full-spectrum or broad-spectrum CBD product is an ideal choice because of the negligible to zero levels of THC.
- The extraction process plays a vital role in deciding if it is a boon or a bane to you. Heat is to be applied to extract the oil, and many-a-times, harmful gases like butane are used that reacts chemically and is detrimental to health.
- A high-quality product will never come at a dirt-cheap price. It is necessary to beware of all those trying to sell the adulterated version in the name of promotion or at a low cost.
- Third-party reports and lab results must be carefully assessed, and reviews and experience of past users need to be referred to before going for any brand. Read the labels and ingredients thoroughly before buying the product.
- Keep an eye on the dosage. There is no straight-jacket formula for the same, and it differs from person to person as per the requirement, body type, etc. and should be taken after proper consultation. Over-dose can lead to dangerous results.
Though there is no conclusive evidence or extensive research to prove the benefits derived from CBD products. But, Cannabis Herald did some reviews which are accurate and trustworthy as well as the words of professionals from all corners makes it highly unlikely to be otherwise.